Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Snapshots


This August was easily the busiest month of my life. For real you guys. I ended my time at a job I've had for two and a half years, I traveled to Florida, fulfilled a lifelong dream of visiting Hogwarts and Diagon Alley, then immediately came home and traveled to King City for a political event. I crammed in as many hang outs with friends as I possibly could, I moved cities into my own apartment for the first time, and I've started my Bachelor of Education at a new school. Whewf!

I had great intentions and so many amazing ideas for lovely posts this month, and none of them came to fruition. I'm really sad I didn't end up writing posts for our trip to Florida! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was one of the most amazing places I have ever been. For real. And Mike and I had SUCH a lovely day date at Disney World.

I at least made a little collage to wrap up some key events of this month. It's the best I can do this time around.
  • Some lovely girlfriends and I got together for a wine night! It was after a very, very long day, and it was great to unwind. I'm happy I have such lovely friends in my life :)
  • Amanda got me into crossfit this month! We went to quite a few classes together, along with Laura and Morgan a few times. I also went on lots of runs. My little Maya, as it turns out, is not the best running companion.
  • I had my very last shift at Coles, and my coworkers threw me a going away party! It was sentimental but I'm so happy to be moving forward :)
  • My mom took Mike and I to Florida, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I can't even begin to express how freaking amazing it was. I seriously felt like I was at Hogwarts/ Diagon Alley, and I entered severe fangirl mode. I spent so many sickles and knuts to stock up on wizarding treats and souvenirs ;)
  • My heart belongs at Howgarts ⚯͛ ♥
  • Mike and I had a day to ourselves in Florida, and park-hopped all of Disney World! It was hectic and busy, but we had such an amazing time.
  • Mike had a fancy political convention to attend in King City and I joined him :) We had a lovely weekend at super fancy conference centre with some lovely friends.
  • I got in as many friend hangouts as possible before I left for North Bay! I especially enjoyed my Island day trip with Amanda and my little friend Leland :)
  • I moved to North Bay! I started my program (which I absolutely LOVE), and have already formed a friendship with an awesome group of girls! I am living in a basement apartment all on my own which I have fully redecorated, and I can't wait to start my placement back in the Sault in a kindergarten class!

CRAY y'all. I'm hoping I will have more time for my little bloggy during the school year, but things are already so busy that it isn't looking great! Hopefully I can wedge out some time for myself though. I feel like a full-fledged adult now, and adulthood is all about getting your shit together and managing your time. So I'll give it my best shot.

Hope you all had as lovely a summer as I did! BRING ON AUTUMN :D :D :D

1 comment: