Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dressing Profesh And Feeling Fresh

(dress: h&m | tights: h&m | booties: ardene | scarf: h&m | necklace: american eagle | bracelets: h&m | earrings: joe fresh)

On Friday, our school hosted an Education Fair. It was hyped up quite a bit throughout our program. We were told that all sorts of school boards and agencies would be there, and to dress really professionally and print off resumes. I prepared appropriately, and it was nice to stroll around with my friends and check things out a bit. But I think it was a little over-hyped. Ideally, I want to end up in either the Soo or Toronto next year, and there was no one there for me! Not a single board or agency! But that's to be expected. I know it's going to be a challenge finding a job next year. BLAH I don't want to talk about it, I don't know why I brought that up!

I bought this dress with the $100 gift card I won at H&M on Boxing Day. I do think it's really cute and professional, but I'm no longer in love with the way it fits me. It's a little too conservative for my taste, and I thought it hugged me in all the wrong places. It has a very high neckline, which could be cute on some, but I decided to cover it up with my scarf and funk it up a bit. It probably takes away from the professionalism, but I just had to do it.


After my classes and the fair were over, I ended up having a really fun day! I had an impromptu hangout with Sarah that began with us playing Settlers with her brother and his wife, led to us having a late night dinner with a friend of hers, turned into us having a crazy drive + dance + sing session, getting pulled over by the same cop twice (because of silly reasons! not my driving!) and laughing a lot with him about it, and then randomly deciding to drive to Quebec in the middle of the night (about an hour away from North Bay). It was a night to rival the kind of thing we did when were ripe little 19 year olds with the energy to last us until 5 in the morning. It's so nice to a close friend that I've been close with since we were 15! We've spent a lot of time living in different cities, and don't get to see each other a ton in North Bay due to our extremely different schedules. But we always have a blast together and it's always like no time has passed at all! So nice :)