Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Snapshots


January has been an amazing month! It's definitely been a bit stressful at times, but overwhelmingly, I've had a a ton of fun with people I love. I've been making progress on my creative goals, zooming through classes and school work, and living healthfully and wholly. I have had an overwhelming feeling that this is going to be a great year. But already it's going by too quickly!!

Some January highlights:
  • Mike and I spent the last bit of the holidays together, and went to some fun holiday parties
  • I came back to North Bay to start my second semester! My friends and I had a super fun and hilarious slumber party night. We made cauliflower crust pizza and black bean brownies, and generally had a blast. We've done lots of fun things together this month!
  • I've made lots of friends with the cute deer who roam around my backyard every day!
  • I've been reading a lot of poetry, and have fallen in love with Lang Leav.
  • I also started watching Parenthood, and have become positively obsessed.
  • We began art class at school. It's helped to remind me of my creative goals and to focus on them.
  • I started my Whole30, and focusing on eating whole, clean foods. Actually pretty challenging as a vegan. I eat like a bunny rabbit. On the bright side, I went down another pant size!
  • I took a trip home for a weekend to visit with Mike and my family, and to attend the Coles holiday party. It was such a fun weekend, but way too short.
  • Mike had an unplanned trip to Sudbury, and I met him there for another weekend together!! We had an amazing time together.
  • I bought a ukulele and began learning how to play! It's been a goal of mine for such a long time.
  • School was a blur of presentations, group projects, and papers. I'm flying through assignments and inching ever closer to my next placement (EEP!)
  • I ended the month with some fun adventures with all sorts of friends, and a blurry drunken night.

Altogether, it has been such a fun month! I can't believe it's already February. Despite being fairly terrified to start my next placement, I'm excited to see what this month has in store for me!