Sunday, January 4, 2015

Time to Create


I have always considered myself to be a creative person, and I've always been passionate about the arts. However, in the past few months, I've realized how much my creative hobbies have slid under the radar in more recent years!

I'm pretty sure that being in music and art class has caused me to think about how much I love music and art, and I really don't want to let go of that. I have been very busy over the past few years, with school and work and whatnot. But it's so important to me to express myself creatively, and I don't want to let that go to the wayside in order to make room for other more "important" things. It's SUCH a DEPRESSING thought. SO! I have decided to commit myself to more creative pursuits in the upcoming year, as much as I possibly can. Here are a few of my creative goals:

  • Finally buy a ukulele and learn how to play it!
  • Continue teaching myself the guitar. Try to get over how hard those stupid bar chords are and force my fingers into position. Maybe I'll even sing a song or two! :O
  • Work on getting my teaching credentials for piano! This has never been a huge goal of mine, but I've been thinking about it more and more these days. 
  • Draw more. I used to sketch day in and day out, and I really miss it. For Christmas, I drew my aunt a picture of my grandparents. It was such a special project for me, and reminded me of how great it can feel to create a picture from scratch. Plus my aunt cried so much when she opened it, which made me realize how special handmade projects can be.
  • I'd like to write more if possible! I have a fun writing workbook which I'd like to fill in. I used to dabble in writing poetry as well. Recently I've been reading a lot of poetry, and I'm thinking I might try it again if the mood strikes. 
  • Continue working on some more DIY projects and crafts! 
  • As always, put together some pretty outfits that make me feel fancy.
  • Perhaps blog a little more here and there.

Let's see where the creative winds take us, shall we? :D

(picture from tumblr)