Friday, February 28, 2014

February Snapshots


Follow me on Instagram: @angelaremondi

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. February of 2014 has been one of the hardest months of my life. If my life was a TV series, the previews for this month would have involved a man with a low voice dramatically saying "TRAUMA. LOSS. HARDSHIP. BANKRUPTCY. BETRAYAL. DISAPPOINTMENT. TOO MANY EMOTIONS FOR ONE PERSON TO HANDLE. ANGELA'S LIFE TAKES A DRAMATIC TURN FOR THE WORSE. WILL SHE MAKE IT? OR WILL SHE DISSOLVE IN A PUDDLE OF HER OWN TEARS?"

BUT- the episode would at least end on an uplifting note. The main character would take a look around her and realize she is lucky to have a loving family and a few true great friends. And then a video montage would begin, and a moving musical piece would play, and there would be a voice-over in which the main character has an epiphany that  happiness really can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light, just like Dumbledore said. And the audience would feel an overwhelming sense of relief as the credits rolled, mingled with slight apprehension for the next episode (But don't worry guys, I have a feeling it's gonna be a good one).

  • I began the month on a high note: Mike finally caught up watching The Office, so I obviously watched with him and relived some moments from a favourite TV show :)
  • Our family said goodbye to my wonderful Nonna, who we all miss more than words can say.
  • My little family had lots of time to bond and come together (Maya included, obviously), which I am incredibly grateful for.
  • I handed out Star Wars valentines to my lovely friends at work! I couldn't resist how cute they were.
  • Mike brightened my month with an adorable and incredibly thoughtful Valentine's Day.
  • I've spent lots of quality time with some really wonderful friends! 
  • No month is complete without lazy days in bed with a cup of joe, catching up on ma shows.
  • I took probably too many selfies.
  • February ended with an exhausting row of shifts, and a few loopy nights doing inventory at Bookstore #1.

Thanks for bearing with my whiny ways, you guys. Stay tuned for March.

No comments:

Post a Comment