Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Retirement Party

(dress: gojane | lace kimono: urban outfitters | shoes: ardene | necklace: american eagle | purse: aldo)

Last week, my mom celebrated her retirement with a whole slew of friends and coworkers! Mike, Laur, and I also joined for the festivities and it was actually a lot of fun. My zia made a secret trip up from Toronto to surprise my mom and it was absolutely adorable. My uncle Neil also attended and made a hilarious speech!


This outfit was another hectic and rushed decision, but I was happy with the outcome! I haven't worn this dress since last year but I'm not really sure why! It's so comfortable and flattering. And this kimono is actually something I won in an instagram auction at @shopsavscloset. I've always been such a huge fan of Savannah's so I was really excited to inherit some of her adorable clothes! My package finally came in last week and I practically squeeled. This kimono has already gotten a lot of wear ;)


I've had an incredibly busy week of working (always working), going away parties for Mark, driving with Amanda, bike re-decorating, apartment hunting, little political events, and all sorts of fun things. Hopefully I will get the chance to blog about all that stuff soon but who knows if I will get any time this week! I hope everyone out there in the blogosphere is having a wonderful week and enjoying some nice summer weather! :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post. Those shoes are adorable - and flat!
    Lots of love,
    Meg
    Mookaht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love re-discovering forgotten clothing items, and this dress is cute!! Happiest week, lovey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable party look! I loved it a lot. Well, I am also going to host polka dot themed birthday bash for my sister at some outdoor NYC venues and would surely buy such cute black polka dot dress for that.

    ReplyDelete