Saturday, March 8, 2014

Good News and Bad Ideas

(dress: modcloth | sweater: forever 21 | tights: joe fresh | flats: h&m | belt: forever 21 | bracelet: h&m)

The good news:
  • My hellish 11-day row of awful shifts and overnights and 12-hour days is finally over! I was really starting to lose my mind a little bit (I don't even remember writing this post, seriously). I spent all day yesterday relaxing, napping, pinning inspiration boards for my eventual new apartment (obsessed with this activity lately), and hanging out with Mike. Best day ever.
  • The heat shield on my car detached earlier this week, but Mike was able to hook me up and got it fixed FO FREE!!! 
  • My mom has rescheduled the vacation we were supposed to take last month! Now my mom is taking me and Mike to Florida in August! Holla at me, Harry Potter.
  • After some exciting discussions with my boss at Bookstore #2, my future is looking far less bleak!
  • I am on top of my health game like nobody's business and I am feeling like $100000.
  • Laura and Josh start their placements in the Soo later this month! YAHOO FRIENDS!! I also get to go to North Bay at the end of this month and will get to see Sarah!


The bad ideas:
  • Mike and I were in a huge rush and decided to be risky and try backing my tiny car out of his driveway... without clearing the baby bank that a snow plow had just created at the end of his driveway. This resulted in my car getting stuck, and 2 of his neighbours and their grandchildren running over and helping us push and dig it out. Awkward.
  • WAITING TOO LONG TO APPLY TO A POSITION I REALLY REALLY WANT and now the posting is down IWANTTODIE.
  • Wearing little flats in this monstrous disaster of snow. I am in denial that winter is still hitting us with full force. It's March. It's supposed to be Spring.
  • Trying to take outfit photos in a heavy snowfall. WHEN WILL I LEARN?

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea with the good news and bad news post! Hope you get to relax a bit this weekend. Nice outfit, you are a brave woman taking pics in that weather!

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, all that work in a row does sound quite hellish! glad you could get your car out of that snow ditch though! & ah! i've done that w/ jobs too, gotta jump on the best ones : ). you look absolutely gorgeous in this dress, love it w/ all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't have snow here, but it's still quite wintry. good luck with a new week of working coming up!

    also, i LOVE that dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like you did a fantastic job of taking photos out there! i've tried snapping photos in light snow and even that is really difficult, especially when it's windy! this dress is super cute -- hopefully you'll be able to wear flats outside without a problem soon.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look super cute nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete