Sunday, March 23, 2014

Love Song to the City

(dress: forever 21 | tights: h&m | boots: american eagle | hat: gojane | necklace: american eagle | belt: pink chandelier)

Why hello friends! You may have noticed this little blog got a face lift over the weekend! It's a subtle change, but I'm obsessed with the florals. I'm way too excited and I'm being a total n00b about it- but I really needed a change, and I'm feeling blog-refreshed after that small update!


This dress has become somewhat of a staple for me over the years! I'm a huge fan of long sleeved skater dresses. The fact that it's lace only makes it more of a winner in my books! This time around, I paired it with my brown fringey ankle boots (which I always seem to wear with white lace), and the funkiest hat I own. I was really nervous about debuting this hat in the public arena, but I ended up getting a lot of compliments on it! I was also probably blocking the view of many people at the show we went to, since we were front and center moo ha ha. Oops.


Amanda, Laura, Josh, and I went to see Kalle Mattson play at Cafe Natura last night! I have ranted and raved about Kalle Mattson in the past, so I will refrain from gushing again. I will say, though, that it was one of their best shows yet. It was small and intimate and lovely, and we had a ton of fun!


If you want to hear more from this lovely band you should take a listen to the above video! It was written about and filmed in my hometown. It is such an accurate portrayal of our little city and it gives me a case of the warm and fuzzies. And simultaneously makes me wish I didn't live in such a dreary smoky town. Hope you enjoy it haha!



4 comments:

  1. the new look is so pretty! just like you and that dress.
    i love how much live music you're able to see in your local haunts!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hat is definitely cute. I wanted to wear my big hat to a show over the weekend but had the same fear as you lol.

    http://splitneedles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! It's been forever since I have been to a show.

    ReplyDelete