Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bookstore to Bookstore

(dress: american eagle | cardigan: h&m | boots: reitman's | scarf: h&m | necklace" american eagle | bracelets: smart set)

My week has been full of 12 hour work days, scooting from bookstore to bookstore! I've had several friends, acquaintances, and old classmates make jokes about my double-bookstore duty already. Yesterday, I helped a guy at the university bookstore, who then saw me later in the day working at Coles. He asked "do you just work at every bookstore in the city?!" and we laughed and laughed and laughed. I really like my new job at the university though! It is much smaller and generally calmer than Coles, and there are not nearly as many crazy folks and nutcases. I also LOVE that I can essentially wear whatever I want, and that the music is so awesome. We also had free pizza today. Plus, my boss is really cool, and told me "I will never consider you late as long as you bring Starbucks for us" and handed me a $25 Starbucks card. Umm that is the perfect arrangement. The perks of this job, I'm tellin ya.


Working two jobs is definitely pretty exhausting at times. It's not that either of my jobs is very difficult, but I am on my feet for the entirety of my shifts. And I find I have no time to do anything other than work and sleep. When I wake up in the morning, it's time for work, and by the time I'm done at work, I just want to go to bed. I'm not going to complain though, and I am very excited for pay day. But I will say, I'm extremely thankful that I only had to work one job today and have the evening off.

I am rocking the exact same hand-on-hip look in all of these photos for some reason. Don't mind me. I bought this dress a while ago and haven't had an excuse to wear it! I love that I was able to wear it to work. It's comfortable and pretty and easy to wear. I've also been living in this cardigan lately. And everyone already knows the love I have for these boots. I hope tall brown boots never go out of style because they are my favourite type of shoe to wear.

Hope you are all having the loveliest of weeks!!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely look! must be hard but rewarding working two jobs :)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to work in a bookstore, and never got the chance to. But now I'm going to school to be a librarian and want to work in a library! Libraries and bookstores are always such amazing environments full of wonderful people. I can't wait to start my career! :) By the way...12 hour shifts sound awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work at a university bookstore! Loved it, met some great people and enjoyed the fast paced environment. Good luck with the two jobs. Great outfit, love that necklace.

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you deserve a break :P even tho
    working at a bookstore sounds nice
    and romantic! Anyway you look lovely,
    nice burgundy colored dress! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this outfit. And you are so cute! I worked two jobs once in college, and I thought I was going to die! Props to you with sticking with it -- plus it sounds like you have a fun boss! :)

    ReplyDelete