Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snowstorms and Sweaters

(dress: urban outfitters | sweater: tj maxx | tights: h&m | boots: suzy shier | earrings: suzy shier | belt: forever 21)

Peanut butter and jelly, cheese and crackers, milk and cookies... some things are just meant to be together (and apparently this mostly means food products). Cozy sweaters and snowstorms are one of these perfect pairs. And it is a combination that is becoming a uniform for me these days!

Because: it has been snowing like crazy these days. I may be a North Ontario asshole, but the Snowpocalypse is so very real here in the North. In the past 24 hours alone, we have had at least a foot and a half of snow make our city its home. Temperatures haven't risen above -20 since I-don't-know when, the roads have essentially morphed into black ice, and the skies are permanently grey and flurry-filled. It's honestly hellish out there. It's like a warzone. And unfortunately, we are far too used to awful weather in the Soo, which means we never ever have snow days, which in turn means we have to brave the storms on a daily basis in order to get to work. I hate winter.


Luckily I have an extensive supply of warm sweaters piled up in my closet. I thought this pretty-patterned tan one went pretty well with this dress! This dress was a size too big when I was a size or two bigger, and I also haven't worn it in years. I just love the pattern so dearly that I can never throw it out... I threw it on last night, and once again attempted some clever tucking and belting in order to make it look semi-presentable. I think it was a decent effort, considering this dress normally hits me midcalf!!

Hope you are all staying warm this winter!



3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for cozy sweaters! This one is especially wonderful. And I'm glad you're able to make this dress work since it's adorable!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so chilly! your dress is absolutely adorable :) stay warm pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfits because they are totally something I would happily wear myself. I love seeing these outfits and how you mix and match everything with black :)

    ReplyDelete