Sunday, January 12, 2014

What's in My Bag?


I remember when I first started reading blogs, this kind of post was everywhere. Every blogger would show you the innards of their purse and it was the greatest thing ever. Everyone always had such cute purse contents. Well, it has been a few years and I can't remember the last time I've seen one of these posts! I thought it would be fun to have a kind of throwback and also get the chance to do one of these posts myself, now that I finally have a blog of my own :)

This purse is easily my new favourite. Mike bought it for me for Christmas and I think it is just beautiful. I've always wanted a Roots crossbody bag, and I love the simplicity of this one. It goes with everything, seriously. I'm starting to feel bad about abandoning the rest of my purse collection because I love it so much. And now... *drumroll* here are all the items I stow away inside this beautiful bag:


Some pretty standard purse-items, I'd say. Car keys, iPhone. A pair of glasses and an owl contacts case, in case of an eye-mergency ;) My passport in case there is an unplanned last-minute trip across the river... My adorable card holder from UO that cost me $5 (steal!)... And a back-up hair elastic and a sole bobby pin (pretty sure I've already misplaced that bobby pin since taking this photo). Some of my purse belongings are also particularly North-Ontarian. It is never smart to brave the cold without an abundance of hand lotions and chapsticks. I especially love my pumpkin hand lotion from Bath & Body Works. And finally, a necklace and bracelets that I shove in my bag at the end of a long day.

Mike has always refused to go into my purse to retrieve anything, because he is gentelman-ly and adorable. But I've always told him I've got nothin exciting going on in there. And I just think it's hilarious that I am now posting the contents of my purse on the internet for all to see. I will have to warn him to skip this post ;)

So guys, let's do it, let's bring back the "What's in my Bag" posts! Let's see what you're hiding in your handbags! :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow ! So nice and beautiful blog ! Do u wanna follow each other ? if yes , just follow me and let me know i will follow u back as soon as it possible :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff! I used to love doing/seeing these kinds of posts too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing bits and bobs- these posts are enjoyable to read. I might do the same post when I'll have some time to spare :) xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the sweetest little things, I always like these kinds of posts. I agree this used to be such a popular kind of post but you don't see it too often these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this post, great idea! And I just found your blog and I followed, it's so cute! Looking forward to seeing more posts :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    I've done a post like this a few months ago, too! Your contact case is amazing, I always only find boring ones...

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw! this post made me all nostalgic. i really miss blogging as it was a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely, just came across your blog and it's great - You're gorgeous!

    I'm also your newest follower and looking forward to your next post!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bag is pretty much empty because I am sort of a minimalist when it comes to carrying items around. I do like seeing other peoples though :))

    Sincerely,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete