Self-improvement seems to be something i'm constantly striving toward, so naturally I'm an expert at creating a nice, long list of New Year's resolutions, year after year. This year I'm going to try making a list of smaller goals every month. I think it will make it easier to focus on short-term goals in order to work toward my overall targets! So here are my goals for January:
- Do yoga every single day for the month of January. No excuses! Even when I have a busy day I will force myself to fit 15 minutes in! Hopefully I will carry this habit into following months.
- I've kept up mostly healthy eating habits for the past few months, but of course I was sidetracked by the holidays! In January I'm going to regroup and continue to watch what I'm eating. This includes drinking lots of water and tea!
- Keep my room and car clean. My mental state and the state of my room seem to constantly intertwine- if I can keep my surroundings tidy, I can probably keep my mind at peace ;)
- Try to focus on the positive. I have a tendency to get wrapped up in stress and negativity. This month I want to focus on what is important and what is not, and remind myself of the things that make me happy.
- Be mindful of my spending and try to avoid pointless shopping!
- Solve the problems at my current job, or work on finding myself a new one.
- Strike a balance and make time for the things that make me happy. Work on managing my time and keeping organized.
- Make sure Mike knows how much I appreciate him, and show him how important he is to me.
- Wear red lipstick.