Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Goals



Self-improvement seems to be something i'm constantly striving toward, so naturally I'm an expert at creating a nice, long list of New Year's resolutions, year after year. This year I'm going to try making a list of smaller goals every month. I think it will make it easier to focus on short-term goals in order to work toward my overall targets! So here are my goals for January:
  • Do yoga every single day for the month of January. No excuses! Even when I have a busy day I will force myself to fit 15 minutes in! Hopefully I will carry this habit into following months.
  • I've kept up mostly healthy eating habits for the past few months, but of course I was sidetracked by the holidays! In January I'm going to regroup and continue to watch what I'm eating. This includes drinking lots of water and tea!
  • Keep my room and car clean. My mental state and the state of my room seem to constantly intertwine- if I can keep my surroundings tidy, I can probably keep my mind at peace ;)
  • Try to focus on the positive. I have a tendency to get wrapped up in stress and negativity. This month I want to focus on what is important and what is not, and remind myself of the things that make me happy.
  • Be mindful of my spending and try to avoid pointless shopping!
  • Solve the problems at my current job, or work on finding myself a new one.
  • Strike a balance and make time for the things that make me happy. Work on managing my time and keeping organized.
  • Make sure Mike knows how much I appreciate him, and show him how important he is to me.
  • Wear red lipstick.
These goals seem less simple now that I've written them out. But they are all things that have been on my mind lately and are really important to me. Wish me luck folks, and I hope your resolutions are all also successful :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your job one...I am in the same boat and it gets taxing. I have come to the decision that, with my situation, I can't change anything except how I react/respond. It is going to be a challenge!!

    I totally feel you on the messy house = messy brain. I always seem to forget how good it feels to have everything clean!

    ReplyDelete