Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter Neutrals

(cardigan: h&m | jeans: american eagle | boots: modcloth | beanie: smart set | scarf: costa blanca | belt: urban outfitters | bangles: h&m)

I wore this outfit to do absolutely nothing today! Days off are simply glorious. I slept in, finished reading Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (which I've been meaning to read since the age of 17), cuddled with Maya, and watched hours of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries- which I am in LOVE with. Pride & Prejudice is one of my all-time favourite books. I am pretty picky with adaptations, and generally hate modern interpretations of my favourite classics (Lost in Austen, for example, only succeeded in making me angry). But there is just something about this series that has me hooked. I think the way they've changed and modernized the story works perfectly, and I love that they took the story to so many platforms (the characters have conversations on twitter, and Jane has a fashion blog!! How fun is that!).


This cardigan is my absolute favourite these days (as I've already mentioned). And this scarf has been an all-time favourite since I bought it in first year. That's so long ago now! Yipes I feel old.

Mike is not a fan of the way I tucked my scarf into my belt hahaha. I'm trying to get creative though! The winter seems to drain all creativity out of me. It has been nothing but black, white, and brown for me. A blur of neutrals all winter. And while I may still be wearing neutrals today, I at least threw on some extra accessories. I'm trying, you guys. Hopefully Spring gets my creative juices flowing. Maybe I will even wear a bright colour or two! *gasp*


Well I'm off to go for a dessert run with Mike. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I can't wait for more lazy days hehehe. I am so lame and boring it's awful.

7 comments:

  1. I love days off! Sounds like you had a good one and you looked good while doing it. The belt paired with the cardi is a good look. Great post.

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so lovely! great blog :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I love the way you laid the scarf and belted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder about belting my scarves...looks really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! i want to borrow this outfit or copy your look. i love the way you belted your scarf. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete